Kansas Hunting Calendar
If you don't see the information you're looking for here, Season Dates are also shown on the Kansas Dept. of Wildlife and Parks website.
2013 SPRING TURKEY SEASON
- Regular (firearm/archery): April 10 - May 31
- Archery-Only : April 1 - 9
- Youth/Disabled : April 1 - 9
- Shooting Hours: One-half hour before sunrise to sunset.
- Legal Equipment: long, recurve or compound bows and shotguns and muzzleloading shotguns 20 gauge or larger using shot sizes 2 through 9. Crossbows are legal during April 10 - May 31 season only.
- Limit: Any individual who has purchased a spring turkey permit is eligible for one second turkey game tag. Spring game tags are valid for Units 2 and 3 ONLY.
2013 DEER SEASON DATES
- Youth and Disability: Mid Sept. (Youth 16 and younger, who possess a valid deer permit, may hunt during this special deer season only while under the immediate supervision of an adult 18 or older. Any person who possesses a valid deer permit and has a permit to hunt from a vehicle pursuant to KAR 115-18-4 or a disability assistance permit issued pursuant to KAR 115-18-15 may also hunt during this season. All resident and nonresident permits are valid, and equipment restrictions designated on permits apply. Hunter orange is required.
- Muzzleloader: Mid Sept. - Early Oct.
- Archery: Mid Sept. - Dec. 31 (We hunt mainly the last part of October up to Thanksgiving)
- Regular Firearm: Dec. 4 - 15
- Shooting Hours: One-half hour before sunrise to one-half hour after sunset.